SlickEdit Core is a subscription plug-in for Eclipse that allows developers to use the popular SlickEdit code editor as the default editor within the Eclipse environment. SlickEdit Core consists of the SlickEdit editor, 7 additional views, and the DIFFzilla differencing engine.
SlickEdit Core works with both Eclipse 3.4 and 3.3 and provides a wide range of advantages for the Eclipse developer including:
• Support for over 40 languages in one plug-in.
• Emulations for 13 popular editors including Brief and Vim.
• Macro programming within Eclipse for automation of repetitive tasks.
• The ability to write your own support for in-house languages, including Syntax Expansions, Aliases, Color Coding, Keyword Definitions, and more!
• Maintenance and Support Service included annual subscription.
“SlickEdit Core contains some of the most powerful editing and programming features available within any editing environment on the market today,” said Scott Westfall, VP of Software Development. “Core's mixture of power, speed, and flexibility allows even the most accomplished developers to write code faster and more accurately − making it an indispensable plug-in for serious programmers.”
SlickEdit Core for Eclipse is available immediately as an annual subscription. Each subscription license is $99 per user per year and includes Maintenance and Support Service. For more information about SlickEdit and free trial downloads, please visit http://www.slickedit.com.