New Features in Eclipse Juno
- import and install from existing installation
- refer to old eclipse location
- Eclipse will show the list of plugins available and then asked for installation
- After accepting license, installation should complete smoothly.
- Java 7 coding support in an IDE. Since Java 7 contains many new feature including dynamically-typed languages support and other small enhancements from Coin project, eclipse Java development tooling will include support for these features of Java 7.
- Detecting resource leaks of Closeable/Autocloseable resources.
This feature is really cool and it also works with “old code”. The
common IO and JDBC resources now implement the relevant interfaces and
the warnings are good enough to be shown on these.
Resource leaks can be occurred in the following situations:
1. A resource opened but not closed
2. A resource may not closed on all control flows
3. A resource may not closed at a method exit point
4. In a Java 7 program a resource is closed but the code could still be improved by using a try-with-resources statement.
- The new version include the global search bar that gives user quick access to almost any Eclipse feature.
- Code Recommenders This is amazing feature that analyzes code
of existing applications and extracts common patterns of how other
developers have used. It helps deal with the complexity of large APIs
using intelligent code completion attribute.
More examples can be found from below links,
- The addition of integrated debugging of JVM-based domain specific
languages in the Xtext development framework, The below link provide
extensive examples regarding the mentioned feature,
- Eclipse for Mobile Developers - now developers can use eclipse more easily with a variety of mobile SDKs, including the Google Android SDK
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)